Girl Scout Thin Mint Stuffed Cookie




I'm the mom who isn't the troop leader but who likes to participate, particularly when there's a call to cook something.

You see the daughter's troop is going to be doing the famous Girl Scout cookie sale outside a store tomorrow. There was a request to use cookies as ingredients so we can sample them to the folks coming by and hand out recipes. We are such over achievers where my daughter goes to school.


So I volunteered like I always do.

I also sit in the front of the class and actively interact with leaders at seminars. I'm that person. I'm okay with it. What I came up with were 4 recipes- A cookie, a pie, a salad (if you can call pudding a salad) and a soup.

The pie is peanut butter pie with Tagalongs mixed in and sprinkled on top-nothing crazy.

The salad is pudding, cool whip, canned oranges and crushed pineapple. Add Samoas for Tropical Samoa Salad.

The soup is pureed honeydew. Add whole blueberries and crumble Thank You Berry Much Cookies on top. I know a little weird and simple, super duper simple.


But the Thin Mint Stuffed Cookie? That was my brain child. A simple vanilla cookie dough that is slightly leavened wrapped around a thin mint. Taste? Awesome! 


2.5 cup butter
2 cup sugar
3 eggs
.25 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla (use mint flavor for a more minty cookie)
8 cups flour
4 T. baking powder
1 tsp salt

2 package Thin Mints

Sugar for sanding.

Cream the butter and sugar. Add 2 eggs, mix. Add milk and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients. Mix them into the butter. Will be a very dry dough.

For each cookie form two balls. One using 1 tablespoon of dough, the other using .5 tablespoon of dough. Flatten both. on the bigger round place the Thin Mint cookie upside down. Put the littler round on the bottom. Squish the dough around the Thin Mint evenly.

Scramble the remaining egg for egg wash. Brush each cookie, top with sanding sugar. Bake at 325 for 24 minutes.

So what kind of volunteer things do you do? Anything where you get to be creative? Let me know.

Comments