Dutch Baby Pancake

This serves two people if you like each other and have a little fruit and sausage on the side.

I used a 6 inch non-stick commercial skillet. I think it would do better in an 8 inch cast iron. It was thicker than most the dutch baby pancakes I've seen in Illinois' restaurants.

Alison is a fan of the pancake so I see them when I'm with her. I thought let me make this for her to please her, which I did and it did and here it is for posterity.

Preheat oven 425

In a blender mix
0.50 cup flour
0.50 cup milk
2 eggs
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
0.50 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons butter

lemon half
powdered sugar

Put the skillet in the oven while it's preheating. You want a hot skillet.
Blend the flour, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt.
Once the oven it to temp, put the butter in the skillet to melt. Swirl the pan. When the butter is melted pour in the batter.
Bake for 15 minutes. (for a 6 inch pan, maybe 12 for a bigger pan.)

Remove from the oven, squirt half the lemon on the dutch baby and top with powdered sugar.

Be the bell of the brunch ball. These are impressive.

Comments