Soy Mayo

I was avoiding dairy and I wanted something creamy when I came up with this recipe. I'm back on the cow but I'm still making soy mayo, mostly because it's a vehicle for garlic, but also because it's so easy!

The recipe:

1 clove garlic
2 green onions, sliced thinly
1/2 c. soy milk, plain-not vanilla and no added sugar
1/8 teaspoon dried mustard
1 c. oil, like canola or olive if you've got it.
2 T. lemon juice
salt

In a food processor mince the garlic and 3/4 of the green onions. Save some for garnish. Add the soy milk and whirl it a bit. Add the mustard then the oil in a stream while the machine is running. Add lemon and salt to taste. Blend a solid 60 seconds longer

You are done. It will look like traditional mayonnaise.

This stays emulsified for days and is good for dipping the roasted lima beans.

What's your favorite soy item? I'm still exploring but I like many of them.



Comments