Creole Seasoning Mix

I love when I combine two recipes to get one thing I really love. 
Years ago I started making my own celery salt. I was inspired from this blog.
Then on the Daring Challenge Cook's edition they had make your own spice blends, The Creole caught my eye. Then I thought "Oh I can use the celery salt!" I also used Hungarian Sweet Paprika, because you know, I'm Hungarian by half. 
Guess what you'll be getting for Christmas. This and the Peanut Coconut Caramel Popcorn. 

Basic Creole Spices
Preparation time: 5 minutes
2 tablespoons (30ml) (33gm) celery salt
1 tablespoon (15 ml) (7 gm) sweet paprika
1 tablespoon (15 ml) (18 gm) coarse sea salt
1 tablespoon (15 ml) (6 gm) freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon (15 ml) (7 gm) garlic powder
1 tablespoon (15 ml) (7 gm) onion powder
2 teaspoons (10 ml) (4 gm) cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon (2½ ml) (1½ gm) ground allspice
Makes ½ cup
Directions:
Mix together all spices in a bowl. Transfer the spices to a clean container with a tight-fitting lid. Store up to six months.

Comments

  1. I've always wanted to make my own seasoning mixes! Perhaps I should join Daring Cooks! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here: